The seat of the Jewish Community in Venice is located in theGhetto of Venice, in the sestiere of Cannaregio.
In the wonderful city of Venice, there are five synagogues practicing different rites and with different dimensions.
- Sinagoga Scuola Tedesca(Synagogue German School)
- Sinagoga Scuola Canton(Synagogue Canton School)
- Sinagoga Scuola Italiana(Synagogue Italian School)
- Sinagoga Scuola Levantina(Synagogue Levatine School)
- Sinagoga Scuola Spagnola(Synagogue Spanish School)
The Spanish School is a synagogue using a Sephardic rite which was built in the second half of the 16th century and rebuilt in the 17th century. It can host more than 200 people.
The Levantine School (Sephardic rite, 16th century) can host almost 120 people.
Moreover there are the German School, the Canton School and the Italian School (16th century) which can host a few people.